POST TITLE: MIS Junior Data Officer
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Scale 5
RESPONSIBLE TO: MIS Manager
“Come question, go seeking, grow”
This is a key post in supporting students and staff across the College. The MIS administrator is involved in all areas of administration within the department, and is an important contact person for funding and awarding bodies, staff, auditors, training partners, employers and students. The role will involve dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. This post requires good administration skills and good attention to detail with the goal of maintaining accuracy of data. You will be responsible for helping of data cleansing for the ILR, supporting users, resolving any application issues and providing ad-hoc reports. This is an opportunity to learn from a data analyst to help expand your technical skills and exposure to reporting technologies. Training will be provided for ILR and MIS applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
To assist in the preparation of timely and accurate data returns for the College and external bodies
To carry out a range of functions related to the effective use of the College’s MIS and other systems/records including:
- Data entry
- Support MIS applications
- Provide user support for MIS applications
- Processing learner enrolments, withdrawals, change of circumstance
- Maintenance of subcontractor files and review reports
- Maintenance of learner and curriculum data, using college systems
- Maintenance of Course Directory Provider Portal
- Create and maintain timetables and registers
- Creation and maintenance of ULNs for all learners
- To produce ad-hoc reports
- 2.3 To provide assistance and administrative support for the Department such as:
- Placing purchase orders
- Attending meetings and note taking
- To produce and maintain documentation for all MIS systems, including user manuals
- Create and maintain training documentation
- Provide training to users of MIS applications
- To participate in student enrolment, including out-of-normal-hours working during the enrolment period.
- To assist in the creation, checking and cleansing of:
- ILR and funding reports including PDSATs
- Learner enrolment and fee information
- 2.5 To manage enquiries from funding and awarding bodies, auditors, employers, staff, students and training partners including subcontractors.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
- To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
- Essential Skills and Characteristics
- Strong data administration skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and methods
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Team worker with a positive attitude to sharing skills and information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience of applying it effectively in the workplace
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Educated to GCSE level and above
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Hours of work: 37 per week
Salary: From £22,719.00 per annum
Tenure of post: Permanent/All year round
Holiday: 23 days rising to 26 after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays and College closure days (4 during the Christmas/New Year period)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.