Salary: TSAT Pay Group 4 Pro rata £21,389 - £25,091 for hours and weeks stated (£25,743 - £30,198 FTE)
Start date: September 2023
Hours: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Closing date: 16/04/2023
The Portsmouth Academy is pleased to be able to offer a Maths Tutor vacancy for a high quality Tutor to join our supportive and dynamic staff team. Holding QTS and a degree in a relevant subject would be advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate will provide additional tutoring to our students on a 1:1 or small group basis to help cover any areas identified by the class teacher for development. You will create a bespoke learning plan for students based on feedback from teachers and SLT.
‘Pupils are happy at school and proud to be members of its community’ – Ofsted, 2022
The Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching/tutoring experience
- Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in adjusting support for pupils
- Plan individual tutoring sessions for your students to match their areas identified for improvement
- Develop teaching or training materials, such as handouts and resources
- Identify areas for improvement by creating bespoke learning plans based on a students' development needs
- Make sure students are prepared to an exam standard, assess any barriers to students' study progress
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum and qualification frameworks and use relevant and up to date tutoring methods and techniques
- Keep learner records, produce progress reports and make sure all relevant stakeholders are updated accordingly
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation, please contact Nicky Brown Nicky.Brown @ tpa.tsat.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.