Aims of Job/Job Purpose
To manage, develop and promote the Learning Resource Centres across the College and to ensure that an effective resource, information, study area and study skills service is provided to all students and staff. All oversee the library resources to meet all curriculum requirements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Plan, organise and manage all Learning Resource Centre activities, delivering the highest possible standards of customer service and creating a contemporary learning environment that is valued by users.
- To lead and manage a large team of Learning Resource Centre staff.
- To manage the Learning Resource Centre budget effectively, including acquisitions of new materials, ensuring value for money and supporting the development of an innovative set of resources.
- To promote the Learning Resource Centre’s and their resources and services to students and staff, aiming to increase reach and depth of engagement and ensuring that the diverse needs of all LRC users are understood and satisfied.
- To ensure that all Learning Resource Centre’s provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere that encourages learner engagement and facilitate consistent positive learning experiences.
- To effectively and efficiently manage the Learning Resource Centre stock, maintain accurate systems and records.
- To plan and manage the delivery of Study Skills sessions for learners within the Learning Resource Centre’s that meet the needs of learners (e.g. academic writing, research skills, referencing etc.)
- To champion, promote and develop learners’ use of learning technologies
- To work with managers across the College to ensure college strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures are implemented effectively (e.g. Learner Engagement strategy, College app etc).
- To monitor and evaluate user satisfaction and standards of delivery and the impact of the LRC service on teaching and learning and improved learner outcomes.
- To work with managers and staff across the College to ensure an integrated, quality service for staff and students.
- To support the Deputy Director of Student Engagement to ensure that the Learning Resource Centre’s vision and resources meet the changing needs of students.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.