West Hill School requires enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistants starting this term.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 9.00am – 3.25pm plus a 15 min weekly team meeting outside of these hours. 29.83 hours per week, 39 weeks (term time only).
Please note: We are looking for staff in both part time (for a minimum of 2 days per week) and full time roles. Please highlight clearly on your application form the number of days (2, 3 or 5) that you are applying for.
We are looking for the right people to join our happy, thriving and growing school. You do not need previous school experience, but we are looking for people who are:
- Keen, fun and friendly and want to work with children
- Able to get involved and love the variety of life where no day looks the same
- Are motivated, flexible and want to enhance and shape the next steps for children
If so, then becoming a TA could be just for you in either the short or the long term. In the short term, we offer wider training and experience e.g. Makaton and Attention Autism to help you secure the skills to support our very special children and our helpful team can guide and advise you to achieve your long-term goals.
Becoming a TA can also serve as a great step towards a future career if you have secured your degree and are hoping to gain further experience before training to teach or following the pathway of learning to be an Educational Psychologist or Speech Therapist.
As our school grows year on year we are looking for enthusiastic TAs to become part of our team. Our recent transformation means we have achieved great things and we believe West Hill is a very special place to be. If this is appealing then we would love to hear from you.
You will experience:
- Amazing children who are keen to learn how to learn
- Friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
- Varied curriculum and bespoke CPD opportunities
- Strong commitment to staff well-being
- Opportunity to observe & work within a range of professionals to develop your skills as a TA
Our primary children work at least 3-4 years away from age-related expectations and all pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan covering a range of complex learning difficulties, including speech and language difficulties, autism and/or medical needs. Our models of learning mean that our children are based in mixed aged groups of 10-12 children. All teachers coordinate a subject and this will be defined upon arrival.
THPT can offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation
- Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work, Sainsbury’s Loyalty Discount and access to discount schemes
- Fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions
- Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards
Interviews may happen earlier than the closing date by mutual agreement, early applications are encouraged.
Where Possible Interviews Will Be Held On Site Within Our Schools And We Will Adhere To Our Current Covid Policy For External Visitors. Otherwise Interviews Will Be Held Remotely By Teams.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
West Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment subject to: Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure clearance, satisfactory references, medical clearance, verification of qualifications, satisfactory completion of 6 months' probationary service.