Background to the post
As one of the largest further and higher education colleges in the UK, with unique colleges across two counties, we aim to deliver learning experiences which lead to the development of wider skill bases and improved destinations for all of our students.
Our recent Ofsted inspection highlights our success and strong focus both on students and on meeting industry needs. We are also one of only five colleges in the UK to be granted Foundation Degree Awarding Powers by the Privy Council – meaning our higher education academic quality and standards are equal to any university.
For candidates who are not teacher qualified, don’t be put off from applying as WCG will get you there through our Trainee Lecturer programme. The successful post holder will move on to the Trainee Lecturer programme to achieve the required DET qualification (for posts of greater than a 0.5 fraction).
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Royal Leamington Spa College
Our Royal Leamington Spa campus delivers various specialisms from Hair & Beauty to Games Art & Design. As well as these courses we also have an onsite Bistro where some of our students complete their catering courses. We offer a broad range of career opportunities including teaching and support roles.
- A degree, HNC or Level 3 qualification in Electrical Installation
- GCSE grade A-C or equivalent qualification in Maths and English
- Teacher Training Qualification or the willingness to undertake the courses required to gain this
- Assessor Award Qualification
- Strong administrative skills, including IT skills
- A willingness to undertake continuing professional development
- Previous experience of teaching at the relevant level and subject
- Experience of working with awarding bodies
- Relevant IQA qualification
Essential Key Experiences and Attributes
- The vision, drive and enthusiasm to achieve targets
- Excellent organisational skills with an adaptable and flexible approach
- Good time keeping and time management skills with ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a team member and to communicate effectively with students and industry organisations
- Self-motivated with an ability to motivate others
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Enthusiasm and ambition for personal and College development
- A commitment to equal opportunities, inclusive learning, widening participation, and lifelong learning
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality & Diversity
Desirable Experiences and Attainments:
- Working knowledge of information technology such as e-mail, the internet and other software applications
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.