Macclesfield College is proud of its achievements and ambitious plans for the future. We are high performing and the Number 1 College in Cheshire & Warrington (DfE 2019). We invest in the future for both students and colleagues alike and continue to attract, retain and develop our outstanding people to provide only the best for our learners.
We have the most supportive and collaborative colleagues who enrich the lives of our students by living our Vision of "Empowerment through Learning" It is our DNA and we push for excellence in everything we do.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Electrical Installation. The successful candidate will work as part of an existing team to support the delivery of high quality Electrical Installation provision. The successful applicant will be involved in the marketing, planning, delivery, assessment and internal verification of Electrical programmes across 18th edition and 2365. This will involve supporting the College's learners in achieving their academic goals and career progression by delivering high quality lessons, and ensuring high student attendance and satisfaction.
- Deliver on a range of course programmes and provisions at all levels, including preparation of work and assessments both at college sites and in the workplace
- Taking responsibility for students, including interviewing, pre-course assessment, enrolment, induction, pastoral care and review of progress.
- Participating in and contributing to curriculum development and review, including the development, marketing and introduction of new courses.
- Contributing to all quality assurance requirements relating to the course programmes
- Take responsibility for students, including pre-course assessment, enrolment, induction and review of progress.
- Liaison with external agencies, including validating bodies, employers and placement providers.
- Responsibility for keeping up-to-date in the subject area.
Why Choose Macclesfield College? For starters we offer the opportunity to work from home on a Friday to enhance your work life balance.
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of;
- Free onsite parking
- 48 days holiday (inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays)
- 2 weeks additional holiday during the Christmas period
- Long Service Recognition
- Star Cards – Recognising over and above acts of excellence
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Life Assurance
- Excellent pension schemes (Local Government and Teachers)
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Continuing Professional Development
- College Family Fun Day and Christmas Celebrations
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite cafés
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.