Lecturer in Agriculture
Depending on experience and qualifications
37 hours per week
About the Role
- To deliver exceptional teaching which will assist students to achieve excellent results within an exam-based qualification
- To inspire students to appreciate and enjoy all aspects of agriculture, instilling in them a passion for the subject and a desire to develop their understanding
- To deliver BTEC units at level 2 & 3, as well as being a course tutor for a group of students
- Have specialist knowledge from the land-based industries (either commercial or teaching)
- Willing to work towards farm and workshop machinery qualifications supported by Hartpury
- Hold a teaching qualification, degree/equivalent in relevant subject area or be willing to work towards one
- Be a strong team player, have excellent administration skills and demonstrate a willingness to engage with external partners and industry
- Be a highly motivated lecturer with experience of providing tutorial support to students being advantageous
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to more than 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University is rated top 20 in the UK for Teaching Quality (Times Good University Guide 2022) and has 96% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
Hartpury is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves. We particularly welcome applicants that we are underrepresented in, including those from ethnically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI+ communities, and those living with disabilities. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion we offer a range of inclusive policies, flexible working arrangements and a multi-faith space to support staff from different backgrounds.
We offer a fantastic package of staff benefits including:
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Wellbeing support including our Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous pension scheme (TPS)
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development in livestock & land-based qualifications
- Flexible working opportunities available
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23rd April 2023.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.