Gower College Swansea are seeking Bank Lecturer(s) in GCSE English and Mathematics, Essential Skills Wales (All levels) Digital Literacy, Communication and Application and Number.
Gower College Swansea is one of the largest colleges in Wales with a strong reputation for high quality teaching and learning. We have six campuses across the city with over 4,500 full time learners and 10,000 part time learners. We currently have a turnover of over £50 million making us a major employer in the region with approximately 1,000 staff.
At Gower College Swansea we are passionate about investing in our staff and looking after their wellbeing to ensure they feel supported in work and also at home.
- Gower College Swansea are seeking flexible, adaptable, and experienced teachers or lecturers to cover and deliver GCSE resits and Essential Skills Wales qualifications at Level 1 and 2.
- You will have no fixed working hours, and will work on an ad hoc basis
- Provide sickness cover or temporary cover
- Academic year: September 2023 – June 2024 (ad hoc hours may also be available academic year 2022/2023)
- £15.61 - £30.71 per hour (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Cross Campus
You will be:
- Qualified and outstanding teachers, lecturers or retired secondary school teachers who understand the challenges of a teaching environment
- Professionals who can work autonomously and within an existing team to develop learners’ potential, appreciating that they come from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Approachable and affable people with high expectations of all learners
- Professionals with recent relevant experience of new initiatives and specifications. Eg for Digital Literacy, skills in delivering the following: Information literacy. Digital collaboration, creativity and learning skills and ethical use of digital resources, digital footprints, protecting yourself online and cyberbullying.
- A practitioner with strong organisational and communication skills who has an understanding of the importance of learners’ individual needs
- Someone with the confidence and creativity to share ideas for engaging learners and designing engaging digital resources to enhance the provision further
- Able to work well under pressure
Benefits for you:
- 46 days annual leave / National Contract Holiday Entitlement (pro rata)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides a 24/7 counselling service
- Free Parking
- Access to staff fitness trainer/nutritionist/exercise classes
We welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our organisation.
If you wish to continue your application journey using Welsh Language, please visit our Cymraeg site. We encourage Welsh Language applications as we recognise the importance of delivering services in Welsh, and the need to grow our bilingual workforce.
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and require registration with the Education Workforce Council for Wales.
Please note that we are expecting a high volume applicants for this vacancy. If we do, we may close the post before the specified date, therefore an early application is recommended.
Full-Time Equivalent Salary: £21,506 - £42,326 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience.
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.