£22,071 - £33,264 (depending on qualifications and experience)
University Centre Sparsholt is looking to appoint a lecturer and tutor in Veterinary Nursing and Applied Animal Science to join the HE team. The successful candidate will be part of a team ensuring the quality of Sparsholt‘s Higher Education provision and will teach on a range of courses which may include veterinary nursing, veterinary nursing apprenticeships, animal science and equine science. The role will involve lecturing, practical instruction, demonstration, and other appropriate work relating to students’ learning programmes. The post holder should be qualified to at least Level 6 and possess a Veterinary Nursing qualification, with post graduate qualifications in a relevant subject desirable. Significant work experience in veterinary practice and an enthusiasm for working with animals is essential. The post holder should also possess, or be willing to work towards, an appropriate teaching qualification.
This post will be based at the Sparsholt Campus.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022
We reserve the right to close these vacancies early should sufficient applications be received.
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.