Learning Support Assistant (BOOST)
Required as soon as possible
Salary: Scale NJC Scale (points 7 – 10) £25,629 - £26,913 FTE
Actual £20,087 - £21,093
33 hours per week, term time plus INSET days
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Learning Support Assistant to join the BOOST SEN provision. We are looking for a strong and dynamic person who likes a challenge and can engage with, and inspire, our students to improve attendance, behaviour and progress across all areas of the curriculum.
You will be required to support in class or on a one-to-one basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
• English and Maths qualifications GCSE grade A-C or equivalent;
• Experience of working with students with behavioural difficulties and/or additional needs on a one-to-one basis or in small groups;
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff, students, parents/carers and other professionals.
The school can offer you:
• Local Government Pension Scheme;
• An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
• A programme of professional development for staff at all levels;
• Small class sizes;
• Strong community spirit;
• Staff who are supportive towards each other;
• Free access to our employee assistance scheme;
• Flexible, term-time hours.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please refer to the Person Specification (listed in the attached Job Description) when completing your supporting statement.
Please note that we will seek references and conduct online searches for shortlisted candidates prior to interview.
The Limes College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Further information about The Limes College is available on our website.
Closing date: Thursday, 2 February 2023 at midday.
Interviews: To be confirmed.
Alternative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.