Learning Support Assistant
School: West Leigh Infant School
Hours: Part Time – 13 hours per week
Thursday – Friday 8.30am – 12.30pm; 1pm – 3.30pm
(to include ½ hour lunch cover, which may include supporting a child 1:1)
Contract: Permanent. Term time only, plus 2 Inset days.
Start: 31st October 2022
Grade: JG3 SCP 5
Pay: £20,240 fte (pro rata £6,219)
West Leigh Infants has a vacancy for a part-time Learning Support Assistant (term time only plus 2 inset days) to provide support in the classroom and ½ hour during lunchtime. (This could include supporting a pupil on 1:1)
We have a clear pedagogy and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and enable reflective practice and dialogue. It is a welcoming inclusive school. We are a 420 place Federation split over 2 sites with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. Both West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School are part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
The successful candidate will have:
- knowledge and understanding of the needs of children with additional needs
- ability to prepare resources and adapt Teachers' planning to meet the needs of the child
- high energy, enthusiasm and a "can do" attitude
- a patient and a calm nature
- resilience and the ability to problem-solve
- creativity, initiative and the ability to motivate
- a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the job, including supporting personal care
- a knowledge of Makaton (training will be given)
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
- A friendly and successful school
- A growing school with a dedicated and hard-working staff
- Opportunities to work across the phases both within the Junior and Infant setting
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Visits are strongly encouraged: Please contact our school office to arrange an after school visit on 01275-463274.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and submitted online or sent to the school office by post.
Closing Date: Noon Friday 14th October 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 20th October 2022
The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership – Federation of West Leigh Infant and Backwell Junior Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. As part of the shortlisting process an online search will be carried out. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
We are also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly those from underrepresented groups.