JOB TITLE: Lead Rugby Rehabilitator / Physiotherapist
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Full Time
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Rugby
Come questioning, go seeking, grow.
- BSc in Physiotherapy or Sports Rehabilitation/Therapy
- Registration with appropriate governing bodies (BASRaT, CSP etc)
- Experience of working as a practitioner in a sports setting.
- An understanding of rugby injuries and rehabilitating athletes to safely return to playing rugby.
- An understanding of athletic development of youth athletes.
- Level 3 PHICIS (or equivalent) qualification or working towards a qualification.
- Two years post-grad experience
- Experience working within an elite rugby programme
- MSc Physiotherapy/Sports Rehabilitation
RESPONISBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead the medical provision and programming across the whole rugby programme.
- Manage caseload of players.
- Communicate the status of injured players to the coaching staff, management, parents (all stake-holders) regularly.
- Diagnosis and treatment of adolescent athletes on the rugby programme.
- Design and delivery of individual rehabilitation programmes together with the Assistant Physio/Rehabilitator
- Liaising with Head of Strength and Conditioning regarding the load management of athletes
- To ensure that medical notes are written and injuries are documented in line with the college processes and governing body regulations
- Provide pitch side trauma cover for games and training
- Manage and maintain first aid equipment.
- Keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the department/s CPD programme.
- Maintain a good relationship with key personnel e.g. colleagues, parents of athletes, pathway staff.
- Manage Assistant Practitioner
- Essential skills and Characteristics
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels as well as interpersonal skills & able to problem solve with/between students;
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to deal well with pressure and multi – task
- Full Drivers license essential
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent
Hours of work: Full Time
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.