Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
Skipton has good transport links and is easily accessible from Burnley 19 miles, Bradford 18 miles, Keighley 10 miles and Harrogate 22 miles.
We are currently seeking to employ an enthusiastic and committed Land-based Engineering Learning and Development Advisor to deliver apprenticeships both in the workplace and/or on college sites to meet delivery and quality assurance requirements.
Duties will include working between the Apprenticeship department and Land based department ensuring clear communications regarding progress of construction candidates, to triangulate information relating to learner skills between curriculum area, apprenticeship department and employers and to focus and understand End Point Assessment (EPA) process and support candidates in the readiness for the process. You will need to work across all trade areas of land based engineering have a multi skilled approach to the targets of all candidates and across all employers, to assist the curriculum area in identification of candidate skills gaps and support employers with appropriate action plans and targets to cover identified areas, and to carry out regular visits to employers, ensuring a full understanding of learning requirements, progress and skills gaps across all pathways.
- Appropriate sector and / or trade qualifications to a minimum of L3
- AI Assessor award or equivalent (or be willing to work towards)
- An excellent understanding of Apprenticeship Standards and process
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and Math’s (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame)
- Recent relevant multi skilled industrial experience
- An excellent working knowledge of the subject areas
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the Department curriculum and College needs
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current driving licence and use of car.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.