About us and the role
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dedicated KS1 Teacher. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about teaching to the highest standard, committed to maintaining a healthy, comfortable environment, and who has the ability to develop their practice in the school’s faculty.
Avanti Gardens School is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Some Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools, but Avanti Gardens is not a faith school. However, staff and students at Avanti Gardens School do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School and the Trust.
You will be working as part of a team who are passionate about providing the very best experience for our students.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Establish a safe, purposeful and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Genuine passion for lifelong learning
- A belief in the unique potential of every student
- Able to self-start, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team- whether led or leading
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain a high quality teaching and learning
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks. Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics. Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Gardens School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.