Please note, due to the experience required for this role, ECT teachers are not considered suitable to apply.
Chipstead Valley Primary are looking for an experienced teacher, looking to reach the next step in their career. If you are thinking of making the leap from Main to Upper pay scale and forge a career in middle leadership, then this is the role for you!
Salary : MPS/UPS + TLR (Outer London)
Start date: September 2023
At Chipstead Valley Primary School, we are looking for a passionate KS1/2 class teacher to deliver high quality teaching, while successfully nurturing and inspiring our pupils. The successful candidate will also have the ambition to develop their own leadership skills, as well as innovate and drive standards forward within English. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, this person will demonstrate commitment to school improvement and further developing the opportunities for our children, whilst maintaining a healthy and happy learning environment for all.
WHY CHOOSE US
Chipstead Valley Primary School is an outstanding school based in Coulsdon. Our school is set in vast grounds in a superb rural location and has a wide range of excellent learning facilities. You will have the opportunity to work alongside dedicated teachers and to observe and share good practice on a regular basis. We work alongside four other schools within our trust, maintaining individuality as schools whilst collaborating where it works best. We pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity, and the wider school community offers plenty of opportunities to provide enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Salary Main/Upper pay scale (Outer London) with a TLR (level depdendent on experience)
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential,
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools, to support our endeavours, to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals
• Opportunities for comprehensive professional development
• Resilient, reflective children who are keen to learn
• Onsite parking
• Onsite canteen, with locally sourced ingredients.
• QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills
• A proactive, positive, calm and flexible work ethic
• Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
• High expectations of themselves and the children and team they work with
• The ability to work as a team
• The ability to work towards deadlines
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers
• Resilience and a good sense of humour
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to contact the school for a tour and further converstion, please follow instructions in the attached job application pack for contact details. :
Please note that applicants should complete in full an application form, and a criminal convictions form to be considered for interview.
Application deadline: Monday 20th February 10.00am.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 27th February 2023.
Chipstead Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check.