At St Leonard’s CE Primary Academy, we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, skilled and committed KS1 Higher Level Teaching Assistants, to work within our school.
This role will be for 29.17 hrs per week
Salary £22,417 - £25,387 FTE Actual salary £14,743 - £16,697
The role will involve providing planned cover of classes and providing cover at short notice if the need arises.
The role will also involve providing TA support within a class, which will include:
- supporting children’s learning process
- helping them to overcome any barriers they may experience
- evaluating children’s learning, providing accurate feedback on the children’s achievement.
We are a school on a journey:
- with a motivated staff who feel empowered to make
- with a committed, hardworking and supportive team.
- who are 100% focused on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- with pupils who enjoy learning and who are pleasant, polite, welcoming and proud of their school.
Are you the positive, driven and inspirational KS1 HLTA we are looking for to join our team?
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
- Meet KS1 HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience or had experience of covering classes and be willing to train to acquire the relevant qualifications.
- Experience of relevant learning programmes /strategies/ codes of practice.
- Understanding of relevant policies/ codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning.
- An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
- Good organisational skills, be flexible and creative.
- Experience of delivering ELSA strategies to children.
We can offer you:
- An enthusiastic group of governors, Diocesan Board of Trustees, Principal and teachers who all passionately believe this is an amazing opportunity to build an effective learning environment firmly based on Christian values;
- Opportunities to get involved in creating aspects of the wider school development over the longer term;
- Opportunities for professional development
- Opportunities to use your ideas and talents to have a positive impact, not only on each and every child and family, but also on the wider life of the school and local community.
As part of DBAT (Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust), we can also offer
- High quality staff training and collaborative learning opportunities
- An organisation committed to wellbeing and sustainability
- Experienced staff at the centre providing back office support, to allow you to concentrate on teaching and learning
- Staff benefit scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Please do contact the school on 01793- 721423 to discuss this role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. This appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure; Disclosure by association document; proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer. Please note the proof of right to work in the UK will be required at interview. No CV's Accepted