Salary: £24,472 – £26,741 (Grade 7)
Contract: Permanent Full time 37 hours per week.
Location: College Green Centre and South Bristol Skills Academy
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities, the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting opportunity for a resilient, enthusiastic and experienced Chef to support the Hospitality and Catering Team as a Kitchen Restaurant Trainer and Co – Ordinator to work within the Service Industries Department.
Your role will be to co-ordinate the running of the RWE kitchen through running a Production Lunch Service to provide help, instruction and advice to students in practicing new skills and supporting students to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. The role also includes monitoring of the daily operations within the kitchens and restaurants to ensure the hygiene, health and safety is maintained to a high standard and resources/ ingredients are ordered to meet the curriculum need.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Monday 3rd October 2022 (midnight)
Interview date: W/C 10th October 2022