Learning Support Assistant
Based at the New Lubbesthorpe Satellite
(KS1 Satellite for Dorothy Goodman School)
Dorothy Goodman School is pleased to be working in collaboration with New Lubbesthorpe Primary School. From August 2022 Dorothy Goodman School will have specialist classrooms to support pupils with access to provision within the locality at New Lubbesthorpe.
If you have the skills and experience to support children to develop their early communication skills and access to the curriculum then working at the Dorothy Goodman Satellite base could be the role for you.
Dorothy Goodman Schools core values of nurture and respect leading to independence are central to the work that we do. We will be bringing these values to the provision at New Lubbesthorpe where we will have identified classrooms, play based learning areas, a sensory room and the opportunities to use the fantastic facilities at New Lubbesthorpe.
Learning Support Assistant post at 32.5 hours per week
term time only (39 weeks includes five days training, to support pupils’ learning)
Salary range (grade 5 to grade 7 based on experience and expertise)
£14,520 - £15,718 per annum
What we need from you:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to build positive relationships with a range of pupils
What we can offer successful candidates:
- Comprehensive induction training that develops skills, knowledge and understanding of a broad range of SEND
An understanding of:
- The importance of aspiration for all pupils in education
- Advocacy and how to ‘listen and hear’ young people
- Teaching and learning strategies that support academic achievement
- Cognition and Learning & Communication and Interaction and strategies to support pupils working at a range of levels
- Specialised Engagement teams to develop skills to support pupils
- External professionals to develop an understanding of learning and meeting the needs of pupils (working with Educational Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Therapeutic services)
- Committed teams of staff at all levels across the school who understand the needs of pupils
At our school, individual differences are recognised and respected but are never seen as a barrier to achievement. By adapting the curriculum and teaching methods we ensure that our pupils have every opportunity to succeed both academically and socially. We also work with young people who have significant challenging behaviour and with those who have severe medical needs, and so candidates need to be prepared to adopt a problem-solving approach to the challenges that those young people bring. Our practice is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the school community.
Nurture and respect leading to independence are at the heart of our work and your commitment to our values and ethos as a school are crucial.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and subject to a check being carried out at an Enhanced level by the Disclosure and Barring Service regarding any previous criminal record.
Dorothy Goodman School is seeking to promote the employment of disabled people and will make any adjustments considered reasonable to the above duties under the terms of the Equalities Act 2010 to accommodate a suitable disabled candidate.
Dorothy Goodman School shares a commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture that embraces the ethos of safeguarding amongst our workforce.
Closing date Monday 15th August 2022 at 9.00am
Interviews: date to be confirmed
Candidates who have not heard by 16th August 2022
please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful
(please note that we are unable to provide feedback on applications)
Dorothy Goodman School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.