Teaching Assistant to Lead Interventions
Hours of work; Part Time – 18 hours per week (we are able to be flexible with how these hours are organised throughout the week)
Term time only plus inset days (39 weeks per year)
Salary: SCP 5-6 (Actual Salary £8989.68 - £9153.43 per annum)
Closing date: Applications to be received by noon on 8th February 2023
Interview date: Tuesday 28th February 2023
Start date: 17th April 2023 (or earlier depending upon successful candidate)
This is a unique opportunity to make a real difference. Nythe Primary and Nursery School is looking to appoint an experienced, outstanding teaching assistant who is resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated. They will bring with them ideas, energy and a range of skills to support pupil progress. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature, a sense of humour and the ability to work both on their own and as part of our supportive team.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work with, and under the guidance of, the SENCo to plan and run interventions to support children with a variety of special needs.
- Maintain pupil records.
- Help with the assessment of pupil progress.
- Support children with medical needs as required.
- Support children at play during lunchtimes.
In return we offer:
- A committed, hardworking and friendly team.
- A supportive leadership team.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Use of a dedicated, well resourced intervention space.
- Use of a fully-resourced sensory room.
As an Academy we work within the support of Excalibur Academies Trust, which offers our employees many wide ranging opportunities for future professional development.
Nythe Primary School and Excalibur Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Nythe Primary School part of the Excalibur Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.