Internal Reflection Supervisor
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 2 £20,252- £23,918 FTE ( pro rata to £15,625 - £18,454 for hours and weeks stated) - Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn and if any changes are made they will be increases on the amount shown.
Hours per week: 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 11/12/22
We have an exciting vacancy for a Internal Reflection Supervisor at Plympton Academy to join our successful Pastoral Team. The successful Applicant will be competent in Literacy and Numeracy and possess a kind and compassionate nature.
The successful applicant will have experience working closely with students and be able to foster positive links and support their pastoral needs. Applicants should be confident they are able to maintain an atmosphere of high standards of behaviour and academic work with students.
Your new role:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- You will maintain all records associated with Internal Reflection for students
- Communicate clearly to all staff by the start of the day students who are in Internal Reflection
- Ensure attendance of all students who have been awarded Internal Reflection is appropriately logged and chased
- Maintain high expectations of behaviour within the Internal Reflection room
- Consistently and fairly apply the Academy behaviour policy
- Ensure purposeful work is completed by all students in Internal Reflection
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment in the Internal Reflection room, including managing resources
- Perform administration duties associated with Academy detentions
- Liaise with Academy pastoral teams regarding student concerns arising in Internal Reflection
- Liaise with the Academy SEND team to facilitate effective use of Internal Reflection time for SEND students
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Plympton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.