Background to the Post
The appointed person will need to provide practical instruction at relevant industry standards. You will work closely with lecturing teaching staff and this will include providing practical support, instruction, training and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis. The person will also be responsible for the preparation of materials and maintenance of resources for practical tasks.
We ensure that provision is learner focused, which leads to academic excellence, high quality learning and an outstanding student experience which reflects the commercial focused curriculum delivery model and contributes to the achievement of the College’s strategic and development plans.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Royal Leamington Spa College
Our Royal Leamington Spa campus delivers various specialisms from Hair & Beauty to Games Art & Design. As well as these courses we also have an onsite Bistro where some of our students complete their catering courses. We offer a broad range of career opportunities including teaching and support roles.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or Level 2 equivalent qualification.
- Relevant subject qualification and practical experience.
- Evidence of formal structured training in a relevant vocation.
- Be flexible with the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Relevant teaching qualification or willing to work towards.
- Previous experience of delivering classes would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of information technology such as e-mail, the internet and other software applications.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A full L3 Hairdressing qualification to be confident to support students in these areas.
- Experience of instructing.
- Assessment qualifications, Awards, or equivalent.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Good time-keeping and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a team member and to communicate effectively with students and colleagues.
- Self-motivated and with an ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Enthusiasm and ambition for personal and college development.
- A confident personality with initiative, enthusiasm and a friendly and persuasive approach.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.