Background to the Post
The Construction Department consists of Brickwork, Carpentry and Joinery, Electrical Installation, Mechanical Services, Multi-skills at the College’s Leamington Spa, Moreton Morrell and Rugby Centres. The person appointed will join the Electrical team. The area delivers training on Electrical courses Level 1-3 to Apprenticeships, full and part time.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Rugby College
Our Rugby College campus offers specialist facilities for engineering, construction, hair and beauty and performing arts. This includes 150-seat theatre and superb engineering facilities, including the cutting edge Power Academy.
Rugby College has excellent transport links and is located on a relatively new development within walking distance of Rugby rail station and close to Junction One and Elliott's Field retail parks on the A426 Leicester Road.
- A NVQ 3 qualification in electrical installation
- Recent experience in a construction environment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety (H&S) regulations and experience of implementing H&S procedures.
- Experience in using and maintaining a range of appropriate equipment.
- Assessor award, or a willingness to complete the award.
- A strong working knowledge of IT, particularly MS Office and email and excellent organisation and administrative skills.
- GCSE grade A-C or equivalent qualification in Maths and English or a willingness to achieve literacy and numeracy qualifications within the first 12 months of employment.
- Inspection and Testing qualification.
- Experience of working with Awarding Bodies and knowledge of their systems and paperwork.
- Experience of working with outside agencies and organisations.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate learners.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external agencies.
- Knowledge of current developments within relevant sectors.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communicational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.