Background to the Post
The appointed person will need to provide practical instruction at relevant industry standards. You will work closely with lecturing teaching staff and this will include providing practical support, instruction, training and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis. The person will also be responsible for the preparation of materials and maintenance of resources for practical tasks.
We ensure that provision is learner focused, which leads to academic excellence, high quality learning and an outstanding student experience which reflects the commercial focused curriculum delivery model and contributes to the achievement of the College’s strategic and development plans.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Moreton Morrell College
Our Moreton Morrell campus offers a centre dedicated to veterinary nursing, as well as a large animal welfare centre. There is also a Construction facility with an open workshop area for brickwork, carpentry and multi-skilling. The working farm on site attracts members of the public to our lambing event that takes place every year.
Intercampus transport is provided with good links to and from Royal Leamington Spa College
- Relevant Agriculture or land based qualification at L2 or above
- Relevant UK Agriculture practical experience in Livestock husbandry Machinery and Estate maintenance tasks
- Evidence of formal structured training in a relevant vocation
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing situations
- Experience in instructing/teaching/mentoring
- Countryside/ habitat management experience
- Assessment qualifications D32/D33, A awards, or equivalents
- Certificates of competence in relevant machinery
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organisational skills and an adaptable and flexible approach
- Good time-keeping and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a team member and to communicate effectively with students and colleagues
- Self-motivated and with an ability to motivate others
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Enthusiasm and ambition for personal and college development
- A confident personality with initiative, enthusiasm and a friendly and persuasive approach
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality & Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.