Land and Wildlife department
£19,920 - £28,661 including market supplement (dependent upon qualifications, skills and experience) (Pay Review Pending)
Sparsholt College has a national reputation within the Conservation, Fisheries and Gamekeeping industries and a long proud history of providing the next generation of employees to the countryside management sector. We are now seeking to recruit a new member of staff to join the Land & Wildlife team to work as an Instructor to assist and deliver practical teaching to our Fisheries, Game and Countryside Management students. Applicants new to teaching will be encouraged and will be supported into this role with a package of training and development.
Your main role will be to assist and deliver instruction in a variety of practical activities depending on experience such as estate maintenance, habitat management or game husbandry/management, and may include providing training and instruction in the safe use of land-based machines (e.g. Tractor driving, Brushcutter and Strimmers and ATV Quad Bikes).
The role also involves supervising practical lessons both on the Sparsholt College campus and offsite to support the Land and Wildlife curriculum area.
Candidates for this role should have industry experience and should be practically competent and proficient with good countryside management knowledge and a sound understanding of health and safety practices. You will need to have a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject and holding relevant NPTC Qualifications would be an advantage.
You will also need to be self-motivated and have the aptitude to lead and work with young people and help to educate the next generation of countryside professionals. A full driving license and experience using land-based machines is essential. Previous experience of leading groups would also be very desirable but is not essential.
This post is based at our Winchester (Sparsholt) campus.
Closing Date: 10 April 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.