£19,920 - £30,661 including market supplement (dependent upon qualifications, skill-set and commercial experience)
This is an opportunity to join a well-resourced and successful team with a reputation for high quality training. Working 37 hours per week the role entails the delivery of training/instructing to our main-stream students and also to a range of short courses to industry and private clients.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a level 3 qualification in arboriculture or forestry together with proven training experience and at least 3 years’ industry experience. The majority of short courses involve the preparation of candidates for NPTC competence-based tests in chainsaws, aerial rescue and climbing however, there are also a range of machinery-based courses covering: chippers, stump grinders, tractors and hedge trimmers.
Preferred candidates will possess NPTC competence qualifications in all the above areas but as a minimum any candidate must hold:
• chainsaw crosscut and maintenance
• small tree felling plus climbing
• aerial rescue
• aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques
NPTC/Lantra assessor/trainer status would be welcomed.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus
Applications will also be considered from applicants who wish to apply on a part-time basis (a minimum of 3 days per week). Please set out in your application if you wish to work full-time or part-time.
Closing Date: 15 August 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.