Start date: 6 February 2023
Salary: NJC Scale Point 17-20 £26,845 - £28,371 pro rata, (actual £23,502 - £24,838) per annum
School context: Mixed 11-18, comprehensive, number on roll: c. 1400
Contract type: Permanent, 39 weeks 37 hours per week (Flexible or part time hours will be considered)
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Human Resources Administrator to manage all aspects of the HR process and procedure for Malmesbury School staff. There will also be administration responsibilities to the Assistant Headteacher, Head of 6th Form.
We are looking for:
• Relevant experience in HR preferably in the education sector
• High-level organisational and administrative skills
• Competency with Word, Outlook, Excel and other MS software
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
At Malmesbury School our vision is to be a happy, caring and excellent community. We are proud to be a truly comprehensive school providing an education of the highest quality for all the students within Malmesbury and the surrounding area. In addition to the Athelstan Trust opportunities, support staff at Malmesbury School have a wealth of employee benefits including:
• An excellent induction programme
• A comprehensive CPD programme including specialist training using external providers
• Coaching and mentoring support from senior leaders
• A caring and supportive environment where wellbeing is a key priority - flexible working requests will be considered
• An Athelstan Trust newsletter that shares best practice and latest news
• Continual collaboration and sharing of resources to reduce workload and improve provision for students
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• An extensive enrichment and trip programme
• An on-site counselling service
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Assistance programme
Malmesbury School is a successful and growing 11-18 school with approximately 1,400 students on roll in the attractive town of Malmesbury, surrounded by stunning Wiltshire countryside with easy access to the M4. We enjoy excellent modern facilities and offer unparalleled support and opportunities to staff who wish to develop their skills and leadership.
The Athelstan Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust formed in 2015 currently consisting of five secondary schools (Malmesbury School, Bradon Forest School, The Dean Academy, Sir William Romney’s School and Chipping Sodbury School) in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire. All our schools share a deep commitment to delivering an excellent comprehensive education to all the students in the Trust. The Trust offers further career development opportunities for colleagues to work across more than one school in a supportive environment.
Please complete the trust support staff application form on our school website and accompany this with a letter (of no more than two A4 sides) outlining your experience to-date and the particular strengths, interests and qualities that you could bring to the position. Please read the relevant job description. If you wish to discuss the role further, please contact Jan Hainsworth at Malmesbury School.
The closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 4 January 2023 with interviews taking place on Wednesday 11 January 2023.
The Athelstan Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS. Please visit the school website for further information.
The school welcome booklet can be found on the Malmesbury School website.
Our privacy notice for job applicants is on the school website.
Malmesbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.