Responsible to: HR Advisor
The department reports to the Head of People & Outreach.
40 hours/week, full time. 5.6 weeks annual leave minimum (see Benefits).
We are seeking an HR Assistant to provide high-quality, forward-thinking administrative support to the department during a maternity cover from 1 November 2022 to 31 August 2023. As a small team, the successful candidate will offer generalist HR support.
Please note the nature of this contract means the end date is subject to change and could therefore end before or after this date. Your salary will change accordingly.
Why work with us?
- An international school 'Outstanding’ in Personal development, behaviour & welfare, and Sixth form provision, where you will join a very strong team of highly qualified and experienced teaching and support team
- A welcoming and innovative environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant location, easily accessible by Underground
- Generous reward and benefit package (see below)
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- £22-£26,000 commensurate with experience
- Generous reward programme including additional annual leave
- Health Cash Plan special rate
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen everyday, equivalent to £1,500/annum non taxable
- Fantastic work spaces and resources
- Enhanced sick leave scheme to support you when you need it most
- Perkbox account paid for by the school
- Free hot drinks throughout the day
Manage all HR administrative duties:
- Maintain an accurate and up to date single central register
- Assist with preparing timely and accurate information for monthly payroll, including collating documents, pension information, employee benefits changes, etc.
- Assist with the recruitment planning process from A-Z (scheduling interviews etc.)
- Administration of new starters including pre-employment vetting checks, references, preparing documents, processing benefits for payroll
- Assist with organisation of new employee inductions
- General administration including processing invoices, scanning, photocopying, filing, updating documents
- Coordinate probationary period and exit meetings
- Ensure observation and annual appraisal documentation is collated and up to date
- CPD administration including organisation of CPD days, booking courses, record-keeping and organising travel and accommodation
- Provide occasional cover for receptionist as required
- Direct questions, queries and messages to the correct person within the school
- Any other duties commensurate with role and grade as requested by the team.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally CIPD level 3
- Confident communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respect utmost confidentiality
- Shows initiative and is willing to take decisions within the accepted parameters of the role
- Dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Seeks timely clarification to verify own understanding
- Demonstrate the ability to systematically pause and reflect before responding or taking action
- Planning and organising: deadlines are met, prioritising effectively
- Flexible and has a strong eye for detail
- Proven ability to work alongside all members of staff with the ability to show tact, diplomacy and professionalism
- High level of IT skills including Google-suite and particularly Microsoft Excel and mail merge.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the school's objectives. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the school.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.