Holcombe Grammar School are seeking a History Teacher to join their successful department. The successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher of History who has a positive and open approach to learning. They will be a qualified History teacher who is passionate about teaching and learning, is ready to embrace new ideas, have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills. Together with being an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations for achievement and behaviour, they will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating lessons having a thorough knowledge of curriculum development and pedagogy. Applications are invited from Early Career Teachers, or experienced teachers looking to progress their career.
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage anyone who may be interested in working at our school to contact Donna Read to arrange an informal conversation about the role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment