Teacher of History
Salary: £28,817 - £44,302 (Pro-rata for hours/weeks worked)
Start date: 1st May 2023
Contract: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
1st May to July 2023 - contract will be 0.48 (15.6 hours per week)
For the first two weeks there would be additional hours (taking this to 0.82 (26.65 hours per week)) and there is the potential of internal cover hours available from May onward - this will all be discussed in detail at interview
From Sept 2023 to the end of the maternity period (which we anticipate being in 2024) - contract would be 1.0 FTE (32.5 hours per week)
Closing Date: 8am on 6th February 2023
Interview Date: 10th February 2023
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional History Teacher to join Plymouth High School for Girls. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or ECT with a passion for History.
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by our slogan “For life, not school, we learn”.
“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school “– Latest Ofsted Report
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective Grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment. Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified History teacher
- To inspire, encourage and empower our students to achieve their very best in the Subject of History
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to History
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy.
- Implement and support all Academy policies.
- Be able to collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- Be able to raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- Be able to coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from our Trust
- Minimum starting salary £28,817 for all ECTs
- Revised Teacher Pay scale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
Plymouth High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.