Holmesdale Community Infant School is seeking to appoint a part time Higher Level Teaching Assistant to take on the role of Cover Supervisor commencing as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified HLTA or currently working towards this;
- Have demonstrable classroom experience;
- Be able establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, colleagues and wider members of the school community;
- Have an excellent understanding of the EYFS and Key Stage 1 curriculum;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to adapt to the demands of working with young children;
- Enjoy working with children and be able to show initiative;
- Have high expectations, together with a caring attitude and flexibility; and
- Know how to provide our children with a safe and secure environment, and be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work as part of a school and Trust that is committed to supporting every child achieve their full potential;
- A dedicated and friendly team of professional teaching and support staff;
- Resilient, hardworking and reflective children;
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression; and
- The opportunity to work with an academy trust that encourages all of its schools to keep their own unique identity, whilst enjoying excellent relationships and collaborative partnerships with the wider Greensand community.
This is a part time term time role working 16 hours/2 .5 days per week from 8:30am to 3:30pm (ideally Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday), over 38 weeks per annum. The FTE annual salary is £22,860 to £25,284 and the pro rata annual salary is £8,516 to £9,420.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 17th April.
Holmesdale Community Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and an overseas criminal records check if you have lived or worked outside the UK within the last 10 years.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.