Windmill Primary School is seeking to appoint two Higher Level Teaching Assistants
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a HLTA. They will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and support staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care. The role will involve providing planned cover of classes and providing cover at short notice if the need arises. The role will also involve providing TA support within a class, which will include:
• supporting children’s learning process
• helping them to overcome any barriers they may experience and evaluating children’s learning
• providing accurate feedback on the children’s achievement.
What we are looking for
• A qualified HLTA.
• A colleague with experience in supporting children with intervention work.
• Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children.
• A professional with the ability to contribute to planning, and then deliver high quality interventions which inspire and challenge.
• An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information and before applying.
About Windmill Primary School
Windmill Primary is a one-form entry, in Wokingham, Berkshire. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for children aged 4 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met. We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and the learning environment.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Salary: GLF Specialist Pay Range £23,800 to £32,300
Actual Salary: £18,484
Hours of work: 8.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time, 39 weeks
Interview date: candidates will be considered on application so please apply as early as possible
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment please call on 0118-9029123.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place