(casual - hours per week to be agreed)
Up to £33,264 per annum (pro rata (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Applications are welcomed on an employed basis or self-employed basis via an approved company and IR35 assessment
We are seeking someone to provide sickness cover as well as to provide support at peak times during the academic year. This would ideally suit applicants who do not wish to have the commitment of working all year round.
Under the direction of the Dean of Higher Education, you will work as part of a small team and be responsible for the effective delivery of Study Support and mentoring to Higher Education students in receipt of DSA funding at the Sparsholt campus.
In this role you will identify support needs and exam access arrangements, interpret diagnostic assessments, provide and monitor appropriate study support and mentoring for individual students liaising with Course tutors and other colleagues as appropriate.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate experience of working in a student support role in an educational setting.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess an appropriate academic or professional qualification in a relevant subject at Level 6 or above
- Possess a teaching qualification and have current membership of one of the following professional bodies:
- The Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
- Dyslexia Guild
If you would like to discuss this role informally with the Dean then please contact the HR team in the first instance so that suitable arrangements can be made.
Closing date: 17 October 2022
We reserve the right not close the vacancy early should sufficient applicants apply.
College Benefits include:
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Free on- site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Able to work in beautiful surroundings
- Eligibility to participate in a range of CPD events including wellness days
- Active Staff Association
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.