We at Brunel Academies Trust are a proud educational community with a vision of “no barriers, only potential”. We strive to significantly improve the life chances and outcomes for our children and young people (CYP) whether they are within our SEND provisions or mainstream schools. As a growing Multi Academy Trust, now is an exciting opportunity to join our team as we look to secure an experienced Health, Safety, Risk and Continuity Officer who will oversee the health, safety, risk and business continuity remits of our organisation.
We are looking for an ambassador of safety and compliance in the workplace, who will lead on their remit and support their direct line reports to ensure our students and staff are protected and follow robust policies in line with KCSIE and Trust initiatives.
You will be joining a developing team of likeminded professionals with the same end goal; to collaborate and build a successful community of schools and SEN provisions to ensure our students have the education they deserve.
The attached job description will detail your role in full. But at a glance, some of the key fields you will be responsible for include:
- Conduct/organise relevant health and safety training for staff as required, including, but not limited to first aid and fire safety.
- Advise the Director and Head of Operations of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports to the Head of Education Provision (HoEP) followed up by a collaborative approach to resolving issues.
- To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or HSE. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified.
- Conduct all “risk assessments” as required by legislation and ensure they are reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records.
- Project Management, ensuring successful delivery of all projects aligned to Time, Cost and Quality parameters
- Directly line manage direct reports in all aspects, this including coaching, support and performance management and training opportunities
- To ensure the relevant checks are taking place for vehicle and student safety
Our person specification attached will contain the full areas of skills and experience, but it is really important to us that you feel comfortable and confident in your role, so although you may not have everything desirable, there are some essential features our appointee will need to have and these include:
- NEBOSH qualified - although, we're interested in those who want to work towards this, perhaps you have IOSH already? For those not quite with NEBOSH yet, we are flexible to work within the salary band C - D depending on experience and qualifications
- Experience in line management
- Excellent ICT skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft/Word/Excel
- Fantastic communicator with customer service focus whether written or verbal
- Strong understanding in the application of the Health and Safety at Work act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the business
Location: Brunel Academies Trust, Unit B4C, Orbital Retail Park, Swindon, SN25 4AN
Interviews: 10.10.2022 or earlier as suitable candidates arise
Brunel Academies Trust is a rapidly developing Multi Academy Trust. We value our colleagues and the effort they put into our children and young people day in and out. Whether through continuous professional development (CPD) to feed your ambitions, personal and impartial support through challenging days or exciting and easy to use discounts to enjoy with friends and family, we have a package of excellent benefits which are available to all staff including:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Carefirst – impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
Most importantly, we can promise that you will achieve a high level of job satisfaction through the professional family community our colleagues represent; and the positive impact your role will have on supporting and developing our children and young people’s futures. Your role matters.
To learn more about our Trust and our mission, please do visit our website at www. brunel.org.uk or for more information on this exciting opportunity please write to recruitment @brunelsenmat.org.uk. Alternatively, please call 1793286634
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.