Headteacher’s PA and Clerk to Local Governing Body
Job Title: Headteacher’s PA and Clerk to Local Governing Body (LGB)
Grade: JG7 SCP24-27 (FTE £31,099 - £33,820, actual salary £29,105 - £31,651)
Location: Churchill Academy & Sixth Form
Contract: the post-holder will normally be expected to work term time only + INSET + 15 days
We are seeking to appoint an experienced administrator to act as Personal Assistant to the Headteacher and Clerk to Local Governing Body.
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least five years’ administrative experience as a PA or equivalent in a large organisation.
• Be an experienced and confident IT user
• Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Preferably have a combination of: experience of working in education, awareness of governance processes and marketing/communication experience.
• To act as Personal Assistant to the Headteacher and other members of the Senior Leadership Team as required, enabling them to carry out their work by supporting them administratively and acting as a responsible and discreet channel of communication between staff and the senior leadership team (SLT).
• Deliver key aspects of the Academy’s marketing and internal and external communication including, but not limited to, the website and social media.
• Fulfil the role of Clerk to Local Governing Body, attending and taking minutes at all meetings. A act as liaison between the Local Governing Body and the MAT Trust Board and keep up to date with the NGA guidance for Governance Professionals
• Working under the general direction of the Headteacher, to undertake a range of administrative duties which support the management of the Academy in an effective and positive manner.
Further information is contained within the Job Description and Person Specification.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, Monday 10th April 2023
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to a criminal records check, medical check and satisfactory references.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership – Churchill Academy & Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. As part of the shortlisting process an online search will be carried out. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
We are also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly those from underrepresented groups.