Flax Bourton Church of England Primary School is a friendly and welcoming single form entry school in the picturesque village of Flax Bourton.
The Governors and Trustees are seeking to appoint an excellent leader to work with the school’s well respected team leading Flax on the next part of their journey.
We are looking for a leader who will:
- support our continued journey in excellence with a focus on informed practice in the areas of curriculum and pedagogy to ensure we provide outstanding educational opportunities for all our pupils.
- be fully supportive of and committed to the aims and ethos of a Church of England school.
- bring a track record of success in enabling all pupils to reach their potential, including disadvantaged and SEND children.
- have the knowledge and qualities needed to continue to develop colleagues so that they achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- demonstrate a personal commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- enjoy celebrating the team’s successes.
- see value and opportunity in collaborating with schools across our Trust and beyond.
Our children say they want:
- a joyful headteacher who will take time to get to know us!
- someone who will go the extra mile and is willing to get stuck in.
- a headteacher who has a passion for outdoor learning.
We can offer you:
- happy, well-behaved, caring and confident pupils.
- an inclusive culture with excellent links to our local church and wider community.
- an inspiring school site where children can be active and learn about the environment.
- a supportive and active Governing Body, together with encouraging, involved parents and a thriving FBSA (Flax Bourton School Association).
- a talented and dedicated staff team valued for their innovation and creativity.
- significant opportunities for collaboration and professional development within the Lighthouse School’s Partnership Trust.
- Lighthouse Schools Partnership offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping), cycle to work scheme and electric car scheme.
We would encourage prospective candidates to visit our school prior to application. Please contact Diane Logan to arrange a visit. If you wish to find out more about our Trust please contact Debbie Coker (Deputy Director of Education). Contact details are included in the recruitment pack.
Applications should be emailed, with covering letter and application form by 9.00am on Monday 24th April 2023.
Interviews will be a two-day process, dates to be confirmed.
How to apply:
Applications should be made to the Chair of Governors by formal letter of application (maximum 2,000 words) accompanied by a fully completed application form (please do not include a curriculum vitae) with details of all educational qualifications, including grades obtained.
Please address the following issues in your letter of application:
- Examples of your work which provide evidence of your leadership skills and that demonstrate how you would work effectively in this post;
- The values and philosophy which underpin your commitment to education.
The written application will be scored against the selection criteria in deciding whether to shortlist applicants.
Referees: Please ensure that you enclose the names and contact details of TWO referees (address, telephone or email) to support your application. One of the referees should be your current Headteacher (or, in the case of existing Heads, your Chair of Governors). References will be used to support the selection process and will therefore be obtained prior to interview.
- The interview will be a two-day process – 4th and 5th May.
- E Applications will be acknowledged by email. Postal applications will only be acknowledged by email.
- It will not be possible to give debriefs to applicants who are not invited for interview. Verbal feedback will be offered to all candidates who are interviewed.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership – Flax Bourton Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. As part of the shortlisting process an online search will be carried out. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
We are also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly those from underrepresented groups.