The Wellington Academy
Full Time, permanent
Reporting to: CEO
Responsible for: Leadership team, Boarding House, Sports Centre
For a full list of details and person specification please see application pack.
The Headteacher will be accountable for:
- Ensure the school’s ethos and strategic direction completely align with the aims and values of Ascend Learning Trust.
- Adopt, establish, and oversee systems, processes, and policies so the school can operate effectively within the Trust.
- Identify problems and barriers to school effectiveness and develop strategies for school improvement that are realistic, timely and suited to the school’s context which fit into the Trust school improvement framework.
- Working with the Trust make sure all school improvement strategies are effectively implemented.
- Monitor progress towards achieving the school’s aims and objectives.
- Be part of the Trust Educational Leadership Team (TELT) and be the number one advocate for the Trust within the school.
- As part of TELT be responsible for ensuring Excellence in Education for every child within the Trust.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
The headteacher will:
- Uphold public trust in school leadership and maintain high standards of ethics, behaviour and professional conduct.
- Build positive and respectful relationships across the school community and the trust.
- Serve in the best interests of the school’s pupils.
- Hold and live by values which align to the Trust values of Compassion, Respect & Ambition.
Closing Date: 3pm, Friday 24 March 2023.
Interview Date: Tuesday 18 April and Wednesday 19 April 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.