We have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and outstanding teacher and ambitious leader to shape the delivery of the Science curriculum at Winterbourne Academy.
As a Head of Faculty at Winterbourne, you will join a strong and collaborative team of middle leaders who work together to shape practical pedagogy and a rich curriculum in the school and who also contribute to curriculum development across the wider trust. The school has a strong record of leadership development and this post has arisen following the promotion of the previous post holder. You will be leading a forward looking, hardworking team who seek to support learners at all levels to achieve their potential.
The Science Faculty delivers the full range of courses to A level, with significant numbers of students following the science pathway across groups of Biology, Chemistry and Physics and Applied Science.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to raise standards of provision and outcomes
• Be an enthusiastic subject specialist
• Have outstanding communication, planning and organisation skills
• Motivate, challenge, support and inspire our students. Developing exciting and engaging learning experiences for students across all year groups
• Be committed to closing gaps and raising attainment across all abilities, whatever their starting point
• Have the ability to establish successful and productive relationships with students, parents and staff
• Be a strong and supportive leader of a team of specialist teachers
• Have the knowledge and expertise to coach and motivate team members to aim high and meet ambitious targets
• Have the drive to raise the faculty profile within the academy and to contribute significantly to our continuous school improvement journey
• Have a clear vision of how to build on the strengths of a faculty and to develop new and exciting initiatives and have the ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower others to carry the vision forward
• Have a commitment to and expertise in self-evaluation strategies of all types and be able to show impact of previous quality assurance and data monitoring.
• Have proven experience as a leader, for example as a Head of Department or a teacher with additional responsibilities
The Olympus Academy Trust and Winterbourne Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Olympus Academy Trust and Winterbourne Academy are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We also welcome applications for a potential job share.
If you believe that you have the vision and commitment to work in an academy which seeks to raise achievement, as well as set and maintain high standards and expectations please submit a detailed application explaining your suitability and interest in the role.
More information about Winterbourne Academy and The Olympus Academy Trust can be found on our respective websites. Candidates can arrange to discuss the post informally with the Headteacher prior to making an application.
Closing Date: Monday 27th March 2023
Interview Date: W/c Monday 17th April 2023