Religious Studies Subject Leader
Outer London pay scale - £29k - £45k (Main/Upper Pay Range) + TLR 2.2
Required for January 2023
Opportunity for additional PSHE Subject Leader responsibilities for a suitably experienced candidate. A TLR 1.1 would be issued for both subject lead responsibilities.
Please specify on your application if you would like to be considered for this.
If you would like more information regarding the higher TLR, please contact the school directly.
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and hard-working colleague to join our RS department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team. The department is well resourced with interactive whiteboards in every classroom and each teacher having a work laptop. You will be both ambitious and passionate about teaching RS and bringing the best from every single one of our students.
What we can offer you:
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from a programme of training and development
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
• You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at our sister school, Cheam High School
• On-site car parking
• A laptop – for ease of working
• Two-week October half term
• Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
• Inspire and support our students across the three Key Stages
• Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
• Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
• Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
• Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals
• Develop extra-curricular opportunities for students to explore and enjoy literature.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below
Closing date for applications is Monday, 10 October at 9.00am
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.
Oaks Park High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced checks carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.