Head of Languages - MPS/UPS + TLR1:1 (£8,291)
The Governing Body of Cardinal Griffin Catholic College wish to appoint a Head of Languages for January 1st 2023. This is a new post which will drive language provision at the College. Cardinal Griffin Catholic College is a medium sized 11 - 19 secondary school, situated in Cannock, Staffordshire. This is an exciting time in the life of the College. On the back of a very positive set of examination results in summer 2022 and following the appointment of a new Headteacher for September 2022, the College is seeking to accelerate its progress towards becoming an outstanding school. This appointment will support that ambition.
The Governing Body is seeking a practical and creative individual who can help us improve the provision of languages at the College. The successfully appointed person will be a passionate linguist who is ambitious about securing language provision for all pupils.
For the right candidate this role will allow considerable scope for planning and executing a strategy to increase the provision for languages moving forward in the College.
We are seeking an ambitious individual who:
- is supportive of our Catholic Ethos;
- is an outstanding linguist with a proven track record of delivering results;
- is always looking to improve the quality of provision for pupils and is relentless in the pursuit of excellence;
- has a proven record of securing improved outcomes for pupils at a whole school level in Languages;
- is able to develop effective practice through planning, action, reflection and evaluation; has well developed skills in leadership;
- is agile, flexible and collaborative in their approach to working with others, especially when under pressure;
- is able to quality assure their own and others work in a systematic way;
- has the ability to work strategically, as well as support colleagues operationally;
- has a collaborative and inclusive approach to working with other leaders and staff at all levels; can communicate effectively with staff and pupils; is a resilient and highly committed person.
What we can offer:
- Community - A community with a strong explicit Catholic ethos where everyone is valued and cared for.
- Commitment - A leadership team committed to securing the best for all pupils.
- Dedication - A dedicated and hardworking team of staff who are ambitious for all pupils.
- Support - A supportive, knowledgeable and skilled Governing Body and Leadership team, committed to continual improvement.
- Development - Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact - Pupils who want to learn and succeed and staff who are committed to teaching and learning.
Deadline for applications: 12noon, Monday 10th October 2022
Interviews: Monday, 17th October 2022
The College reserves the right to close this post prior to the published deadline should it receive sufficient applications to pull together a good field of candidates. We therefore encourage candidates to submit early applications.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form. Applicants will be subject to an online search if shortlisted. Where the role involves engaging in regulated activity relevant to children, candidates should note that it is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.