Head of Governance and Compliance
Full time, 36 hours per week, 41 weeks per year (term time plus 2 additional non-term time weeks)
£47,734 - £51,725 per annum (pay award pending)
Learning Partners is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to lead effective governance systems and to help us achieve our aim to grow to become a trust of 20 schools, ‘leading schools where children thrive’.
The Head of Governance and Compliance will play a leadership role in the growth and development of our trust by:
- Enabling effective governance at all levels of the organisation
- Developing a strategy to help us grow to 20 schools
- Supporting the delivery of our ‘trust dozen’ aims in each of our schools
- Ensuring that our schools are effectively supported on all matters relating to governance and compliance, allowing school leaders to focus on the deliver of excellent educational opportunities.
As part of our shared services team, the post-holder will work with our schools, Local Governing Bodies (LGBs) and Trustees to develop talent and ensure that committees and individuals understand their roles and are equipped with appropriate training and systems to achieve excellence.
The post-holder will be an ambassador for the trust, representing our values to our own volunteers, as well as external parties such as schools with the potential to join the trust. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Quickly build excellent relationships
- Work effectively with volunteers and staff members at all levels
- Communicate concepts to individuals without prior knowledge or experience
- Listen to the views of others and represent those during internal discussions and decision making
- Empowering a range of teams and individuals to excel.
The Head of Governance and Compliance will ensure that schools understand and are equipped to adhere to the legal obligations placed on them. The successful candidate will be familiar with compliance requirements and will be able to communicate these effectively to individuals without specialist knowledge, providing pragmatic advice on how to achieve these requirements while maintaining an unrelenting focus on educational provision.
This is a new role to Learning Partners Academy Trust and offers an opportunity for an innovative candidate to shape the role at this exciting time in the organisations development.
This role is based at the Learning Partners Academy Trust head offices located in Guildford, although you will be expected to regularly travel to other trust schools.
This is a full-time permanent role working 41 wks per year (term-time only, plus 2 wks), with 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
About Learning Partners Academy Trust
Learning Partners Academy Trust is collaborative Multi Academy Trust (MAT) of 12 schools, in and around the Guildford area. See the attached information for more information about our trust.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting academy or school governance demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the education sector, charity and company law and regulatory compliance.
- Recent leadership experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- A high level of self-awareness, personal integrity, and credibility.
- The ability to command the confidence and respect of others.
- An ability to analyse and interpret data and to recommend actions.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding and a commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
We can offer you:
- Training and development – opportunities to take part in in-house training events
- Family friendly employer – working within a team which understands that operational needs can be balanced with family responsibilities
- Employee assistance programme – free and confidential third-party telephone counselling service available 24 hours a day
- Pension scheme – Local Government Pension Scheme where the employer’s contribution is over 23% of base salary
- Employee benefits scheme – high street discounts and cycle to work scheme
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Patrick Overy, Chief Financial Officer at Learning Partners Academy Trust.
Closing date: Monday 12th September 2022
Interview date: TBC
- The closing date given is a guide only. There may be some occasions where we close a vacancy due to a high a volume of applications being received. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- When completing the application form please ensure that you clearly evidence your relevant skills and experience in relation to the requirements detailed in the job description.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
Learning Partners Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.