Are you an experienced English teacher looking for your next challenge? Would you like the opportunity to lead a team of teachers supporting Post 16 students and adults to gain their GCSE English? If so, Weston College may have the role for you!
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated individual to lead our team of experienced English teachers to delivery outstanding English teaching.
This role offers a salary of up to £45k per annum.
Your duties would include:
- Managing the delivery, co-ordination and development of a portfolio of English courses that include GCSE, Functional Skills and ESOL and vocational staff.
- Ensuring learners are initially assessed and put on the appropriate level of course/qualification.
- Managing the timetabling of the provision and allocate resources to ensure learners receive tuition that is of the highest.
- Supporting, motivating and developing a team of staff who can deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to maximise learner progress and positive.
- Developing the capacity of all teachers to effectively develop the literacy skills of their learners through the co-ordination and delivery of CPD sessions and staff.
- Standardise GCSE and Functional Skills English through monitoring and ensuring that performance is regularly reviewed and effectively.
Found the perfect role for you? Click ‘apply online’ below and submit your application to join the Weston College team today!
When you join the team at Weston College, you will be joining a multi-award winning organisation which is one of the fasted growing colleges in the UK.
As an employee of Weston College you will have access to a huge range of benefits and support, including but not limited to:
- Wellbeing @ Weston hub, providing well-being support for all;
- A staff welfare officer;
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (available 24/7, 365 days a year);
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders, and the opportunity to complete this training yourself;
- A mentor to support you in your new role;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Regular staff conferences, with guest speakers;
- Staff social events;
- Free on-site parking (depending on location);
- Great progression opportunities;
- Generous pension schemes.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced CRB check.