Salary: MS3: £40,474- £45,558
Contract: Full time – permanent
Location: Various – City of Bristol College Sites as required
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for a passionate, dynamic, motivated and proactive Head of Maths to lead the maths team.
You will be responsible for:
- leading and managing the maths department to secure and sustain a high-performance culture, evidenced through the achievement of targets covering (but not limited to): attendance, retention, achievement, value added, progression and destinations
- Leading the development of a high-quality student experience, creating partnerships between academic and professional service teams
- Working alongside the college’s finance and funding teams to ensure that income and expenditure results are in line with agreed plans and that accurate data is submitted through the individualised learner record, to ensure accurate funding statements
- working across the whole college as a member of the College Leadership Team promoting and actively demonstrating the college’s values and fostering a culture of high expectations for staff and students
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 30 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please see our Staff Benefits Booklet for more information.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Thursday 6th October 2022 (midnight)
Interview date: TBC
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.