Queen Elizabeth’s School (Wimborne Minster)
Blandford Road, Wimborne, BH21 4DT
Headteacher: Katie Boyes
13-18 Upper School
1596 on roll including 430 Post-16
HEAD OF CHEMISTRY
Permanent, Full time
To start: January 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious professional to join our oversubscribed upper school which is committed to securing the best academic and personal development outcomes for our students.
Our thriving Science department is currently recruiting for a Head Chemistry post on a full time, permanent basis. The department is very well resourced and there will be the opportunity to teach large amounts of Chemistry at GCSE and A Level.
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated and ambitious students
- The opportunity to join a dedicated team of supportive staff
- The opportunity to teach Sixth Form
- A positive, supportive community of staff, Academy Committee members, the Trust and parents
- An exciting school with state-of-the-art facilities
The Post includes:
- Leading a committed team to develop further the quality of teaching and learning within Chemistry
- Managing the development of Chemistry across the department
- Working with senior and middle managers towards whole school improvements
- Teaching across all Key Stages
Please see our website for for further information about the school
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th October at 9am
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 17th October 2022
This role is UK based and your Right to Work will need to be established as part of the appointment process.
Queen Elizabeth's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion
Successful candidates will be required to have a DBS check in line with the Government’s Safer Recruitment guidelines