Background to the Post
Warwickshire College and University Centre (WCUC) is one of the largest FE colleges in the UK, and has a significant Higher Education provision recently bolstered by the awarding of Bachelor Degree Awarding Powers. WCUC has a commitment to supporting the latest technology-enhanced learning. Land- based provision at our Moreton Morrell and Pershore colleges require support for students studying both online (distance learning) and in-person. This role will support practical research undertaken by students, ensure that key lectures and expert practical classes are available to distance learners, and support online and onsite practical assessments as necessary.
As the sector changes and begins to consider new ‘micro credentials’ this person will also play a key part in the development of new flexible and online learning materials.
The post-holder will also support the HE Senior Administrator with a range of administrative tasks to support land-based higher education.
The post-holder will be based at Moreton Morrell College.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Moreton Morrell College
Our Moreton Morrell campus offers a centre dedicated to veterinary nursing, as well as a large animal welfare centre. There is also a Construction facility with an open workshop area for brickwork, carpentry and multi-skilling. The working farm on site attracts members of the public to our lambing event that takes place every year.
Intercampus transport is provided with good links to and from Royal Leamington Spa College
- GCSE Level equivalent English and Maths (level 2)
- Educated to level 3
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Confidence and enjoyment in working with animals, particularly horses and dogs.
- Skills in word processing, using email, the intranet and other technologies and a willingness to learn further administrative skills.
- Skills in recording live clips and editing them for incorporation within learning materials or student projects.
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively when training students.
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise tasks and manage own time.
- Strong work ethic
- Able to solve problems and respond to a variety of situations.
- The ability to work collaboratively and successfully with members of the wider College team.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.