Background to the Post
College Sports and Fitness operates from Rugby, Leamington, Moreton Morrell and Pershore Centres. The Duty Manager at the Rugby centre is seeking to improve and standardise the service offered to staff, students and commercial customers.
The post holder will be a member of the Sports and fitness team and will be responsible to the Duty Manager at Rugby.
The post holder will be responsible for the smooth running and operation of the fitness and sports facilities. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and approachable. We are looking for an outgoing, confident and reliable team player with some previous experience within the Gym Instructor field.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Rugby College
Our Rugby College campus offers specialist facilities for engineering, construction, hair and beauty and performing arts. This includes 150-seat theatre and superb engineering facilities, including the cutting edge Power Academy.
Rugby College has excellent transport links and is located on a relatively new development within walking distance of Rugby rail station and close to Junction One and Elliott's Field retail parks on the A426 Leicester Road.
• A recognised Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification.
• Possession of a valid First Aid at Work certificate
• Previous experience as a Gym Instructor.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• A clear understanding of the benefits of exercise for general health and well-being and be able to express this easily to existing and prospective clients.
• A positive approach to exercise/lifestyle for all ages and abilities.
• Recognise the importance of reliability and commitment when operating a public commercial facility.
• Excellent communication skills, customer care skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Able to work flexible hours, weekends and evenings.
• The ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative.
• Ability to relate well with staff and customers.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
• Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.