Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ an inspirational and motivated Lecturer in Graphics, to teach a range of graphics and digital skills for our FE programmes in the Art, Design and Style Department.
You will need to develop and design appropriate learning materials for a variety of learners, provide support and guidance to students and staff, prepare, mark, assess and record students work as necessary to meet Quality Assurance and self-assessment requirements within deadlines.
- Degree in a relevant subject area.
- Industry experience in the Art, Design and Crafts sector.
- Experience and knowledge of industry standard skills using Adobe creative cloud specifically: Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign.
- Ability to deliver illustration, typographical, animation, graphic design and offer experimental approaches to digital 2D, 3D and 4D design within a MAC suite
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Recent relevant experience of teaching to a high standard in the FE sector (this is not required if you are qualified for the Taking Teaching Further Scheme).
- Good administrative skills with the ability to maintain accurate and relevant records in line with quality procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills.
- Interest and understanding of current educational initiatives.
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the college.
- Ability to motivate staff and work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards under pressure.
- Willingness and ability to liaise effectively with external bodies and agencies.
- Willing to undertake professional development linked to the needs of the college.
- Computer literate.
- Driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.