An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate educator to work as a self-employed private tutor with Education Boutique, in Bracknell. This particular tutoring role is varied but always includes working on a 1:1 basis with learners. Education Boutique are looking for a tutor who appreciates how important it is to build trust and rapport with chronically disengaged learners, before then beginning to guide and facilitate their progress towards re-integration into a suitable educational setting.
- Experience of strategies to support ASD, ADHD, Dyslexia, SEMH learners
- Coaching children on a 1:1 basis
- Building a safe and supportive learning environment
- Planning for progress towards EHCP goals
- Creatively assessing learners
- Clear communication and reliable
- Linking learning opportunities to projects that interest and engage the learner
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible opportunities to build your work schedule around your life
- Fulfilling opportunities to inspire learners to re-engage with learning again
- Freedom to build learning journeys for your pupils in your own way
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- BA Education / PGCE / QTS or Level 3 Teaching Assistant or Experience as a HLTA/TA
- Previous SEN experience
- Level 2 Safeguarding Certificate or willingness to achieve this
- Right to work in UK
- Enhanced DBS registered on the Update service
- Satisfactory QTS Prohibition check (only for tutors with QTS)
- Demonstrate our tutor 7 P's: Positivity, Punctuality, Presentation, Politeness, Preparedness, Perseverance, Progress
This role is working with a KS3 age child who has been out of education for around 12 months. The initial focus for this role is to work on the learner building a positive rapport with a tutor and beginning to undertake some guided activities such as projects that interest them or collaborating through games.
With roles like this, there could be days where the student will not engage with sessions, but the tutor should still go to the house and use the time to prepare or maybe speak to guardians. It's an important part of the process of showing the child that they matter and are important.
Once a rapport has been built, there will be a focus on activities that creatively allow us to assess English and Maths attainment but also thinking skills that will aid their transition back into attending a physical setting in future. Tutors applying for this role need to be aware that the student is working much more at a KS1/2 level - so primary teachers and tutors are well placed to apply for this role.
Education Boutique is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.