Job Start: September 2022
Salary: Scale 4 (point 7-11) - (Actual Salary for all year round: £20,555 - £22,072 per annum)
Contract Type: Full Time - 36 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum.
Contract Term: Permanent
Finance Assistant is responsible for providing an efficient and accurate finance and accounting service to the school, also supporting the ‘business functions’, notably, in assisting with budget management, reporting, data analysis, payroll administration and the submission of returns and reconciliations.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• Enter transactions into the school’s financial accounting system (RM Accounts), including the processing of journals.
• Assist in sourcing suitable products using ‘best value’ principles.
• Raise purchase orders on the accounting system and send to supplier.
• Collate delivery/goods received notes for orders, distribute goods to appropriate campus/location/ person and enter on finance system.
• Assist with the validation and processing of invoices, ensuring that all the relevant supporting paperwork is collated, in line with the finance manual.
• Maintain accurate supplier details and accounts on the finance system.
• Investigate and resolve any supplier/creditor queries.
• Assist with the management of the school’s online payment system (ParentPay), including setting up parent accounts, products and services, trips and visits and dinner money etc. Undertake all administrative tasks and housekeeping relating to ParentPay and act as a point of contact for parents and staff. Ensure that all outstanding debts and monitored and progressed in line with the finance manual.
• Assist with all month-end tasks, as directed by the Finance Officer.
• Assist with the maintenance of the schools Asset management system, working with the Network Manager, using the Parago online system.
• Assist with the preparation of information for processing by the school’s payroll provider.
• Assist with the distribute of budget reports to all budget holders (monthly or as requested).
• To undertake Staff Development/CPD Training as required by the nature of this post and the range of duties described within this job description.
• To carry out other duties of a similar nature from time to time as may be required by the senior leadership team.
• The key tasks listed above are only an indication of the main tasks required to be performed. It is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be subject to amendment to take account of changing circumstances. Any changes will be made following discussion with the post holder.
• Relevant training for the finance assistant role and continual CDP training in conjunction with regular appraisals.
All schools and services in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all workers and employees within Enfield are expected to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Monday 11th July 2022
Interview Dates: Wednesday 13th July 2022
West Lea School, Staff and the governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our recruitment process is rigorous and appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.