2.5 – 5 Hours Per Week
34 weeks per year
£22.19 per hour
Newbury College are looking for a lecturer to join the team to teach Functional English for Non-native Speakers. These are classes aimed at adult learners who wish to improve their skills in English speaking.
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 3 qualification in English
- Level 3 qualification in Teacher Training
- Experience teaching English as a foreign language and English functional skills
- Experience interviewing learners, evaluating and identifying learner’s ability & monitoring individual learner progress
- Knowledge of embedding Functional Skills / Basic Skills /Key Skills into vocational and non-vocational courses
It would be desirable if you also have:
- Level 5 subject specialist qualification in Literacy
- A qualification in IT
- Assessor award
- Experience of curriculum development and coordinating exams
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
- Free on-site parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution) OR Teachers Pension Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Discounted Community Learning courses
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.