Responsible to: Deputy Headteacher
Pay scale: NJC Scale S01 (23-25) £32,301 - £33,474)
Work pattern: Full-time 35 hrs per week, Term Time Only +2 weeks
Required for: September 2022
Deadline to apply: Noon, Tuesday 28 June 2022
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the post of Examinations Officer at The Elmgreen School. The purpose of the Examinations Officer role is to be responsible for the smooth running and administration of all internal and public examinations.
The Elmgreen School became part of the Dunraven Educational Trust in September 2021, and together we are focused on developing an exciting, dynamic and progressive community, focused on improving the outcomes for children and their families.
To be responsible for the smooth running and administration of all internal and public examinations and to liaise with teachers, students, parents and examination boards in respect of examination requirements, entries, results and communications, whilst also ensuring that the school adheres to all Awarding Bodies’ regulations.
1. Lead a team of up to 20 invigilators.
2. Work with senior staff to oversee the recruitment of invigilators.
3. Be responsible for the training and development of the invigilation team.
4. Prepare and communicate an invigilation timetable and ensure that sufficient staff are available to meet all requirements.
5. Maintain accurate records of invigilator attendance.
DUNRAVEN EDUCATIONAL TRUST OVERVIEW
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.